CRM Notification in Marketing List Form RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am new to CRM 2016 and I just want to have a notification in Marketing List form. When creating a new marketing list and I've added a particular member who is already a member to another marketing list, the form must have informed the user that the member he has added is already in another marketing list. But it doesn't necessarily means that it can't be added to a new. I just want to have a notification. If someone can help me? 

Here is my code but I've just found it from the internet anyway

function informUser()
    {
    Xrm.Page.ui.setFormNotification("One of your contacts are already belonged to another marketing list.","INFORMATION","2");

}

I have an example where the Members: Mem_01 and Mem_02 are already included in MarketList_1. And now I will create a new Marketing List named MarketList_2. There should have been a notification (encircled in the above image) that says "Mem_01, Mem_02 are already members from MarketList_1"

Thanks,

Justin Pardz

Tuesday, December 20, 2016 7:24 AM

All replies

• I guess that I am not allowed to upload my print screen of my Marketing List Form.
    Tuesday, December 20, 2016 7:26 AM
  • Hi Justin,

as per the Microsoft standard, could you please make changes in your code as below...

function informUser()
    {
    Xrm.Page.ui.setFormNotification("One of your contacts are already belonged to another marketing list.","INFO","2");

}

Please don't forget to Vote and marked as answer If this post answers your question or was helpful, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful" Be wise..:)

Tuesday, December 20, 2016 8:07 AM
  • Please re-think.

1. After sometime your contact can be a member of hundreds of marketing lists.

2. The message is alerting the user that contact is a member of another marketing list. This information should be precise.

3. You are displaying the alert on Contact form where as when you add contacts to marketing list you use lookup form.

A better option would be to display Marketing list grid on Contact form. I will tell you if a contact is a member of 2 marketing lists. Don't add any alert while adding contacts because you can add multiple contacts at a time.  

Regards Faisal

• Edited by Faisal Fiaz Tuesday, December 20, 2016 9:35 AM
    Tuesday, December 20, 2016 9:34 AM