none
Changing primary email

Question

• Hi guys. I know that changing email should be simple. Believe me .. I have tried. I have logged multiple support emails to microsoft to assist, and the bottom line is they say it can't be done if the system is not allowing.

My problem with this response is, clearly it can be done, or the option to do so would not exist. I've tried, they claim they have... the end. my primary email listed is defunct and I was attempting to change FOUR MONTHS before it was discontinued. 

in the end I keep getting message that I am unable to change my primary email right now, please try again later. 

This should be a no brainer to the brain tanks at MS but it eludes the customer service staff and those reading my emails so far. Have made attempts up to, and including today. Made an online chat enquiry on Saturday, and.... you guess it... it cant be done, and I am (as ever) refered to the page that deals with changing alias emails.

If there is anyone who knows how to get around this, please let me know.

regards

Ferne

• Moved by Just KarlModerator Friday, October 23, 2015 9:47 PM Looking for the correct forum.
    Monday, May 25, 2015 6:22 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

The MSDN, TechNet and Expression Library Feedback forum is to "Help improve the Library Experience in MSDN, TechNet and Expression by providing feedback on features, bugs, look and feel or by just providing suggestions". This is not a support forum.

As it's off-topic here, I am moving the question to the Where is the forum for... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Friday, October 23, 2015 9:46 PM
  • What product or service are you trying to change? If you're asking about a Microsoft account you can create an email alias. 

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/outlook/add-alias-account

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Friday, October 23, 2015 10:48 PM