Acquire Thumbnails with WIA RRS feed

• Question

• I am building an application to acquire images from a digital camera and store the images in a database.  The database data includes fields that the user can use to search for images later.

I would like to present the user with a form that shows a thumbnail of every image that is on the digital camera.  Along side each thumbnail I would like to include the data fields so that the user may set the fields as the images are uploaded.

I was hoping that the WIA API would include some method to read the image thumbnails off of the camera.  I want to use the thumbnail to build the form described above.  So far I have not had much luck in finding a WIA method to get the camera image thumbnails.  I can use the WIA Transfer method to get the entire image.  I'm concerned that this will be a performance drag, though.

Can anyone tell me if there is any way in WIA to acquire thumbnails directly from the camera?  Or is this something that it is not designed to do?
    • Moved by nobugz Tuesday, July 21, 2009 10:04 PM not a bcl q (From:.NET Base Class Library)
    Tuesday, July 21, 2009 5:27 PM

Answers