none
So disgusted right now (2 TB FREE, disk full error) RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having the EXACT same problem that this fellow did: 

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/whssoftware/thread/280414ca-5166-448c-85c0-f7ac378faf18/ 

I have 3 1.5 TB Drives in my system, the install is fresh as of 2 days ago (today is 2/21/09)

I guess I made a huge mistake and manually copied data from an "outside" drive to d:\data\shares\movies ?

So now this is what's happening, I have one drive (not the system drive) that's 97% full. ANYTIME I try to copy anything to ANY share, it tries to jam it onto that drive WHAT GIVES ?! WHY won't it try to copy to hmmm, one of the drives that actually has space available???

I'm using IMGBURN also, and it "sees" 2.4 TB free space when i try to copy (through the unc path no less) but once it fills that stupid drive, it fails saying disk full.

Can someone please tell me WHY WONT WHS COPY DATA TO THE OTHER DRIVES ?!

Stupid question but seriously, HOW am I SUPPOSED to copy data to this "server" all the MS documentation I've read is BS fluff that has no actual details, everything I read is trying to sell the idea, and not telling me how to actually use it.

I got this software in an action pack, I'm a certified partner, and do own an IT consulting firm, so you can see why I'm so aggrivated with this.

Please help before I trash this box and go back to backing up to a server 08 install that WORKS as advertised....

sorry for the caps.

Saturday, February 21, 2009 6:31 PM

All replies

•  
    Speedlll said:

I guess I made a huge mistake and manually copied data from an "outside" drive to d:\data\shares\movies ?

you should remove the files you copied manually completely from this location.
    If this data is cleaned out, maybe the disk space on D: drive is free again.
    Would recommend a reboot after finishing the clean up and then try again.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Saturday, February 21, 2009 6:59 PM
  • Thanks Olaf,

Fortunately I have enough space to remove the culprit drive, so I'm in the process of doing that through the home server interface, once that'd done I think it might start behaving correctly.

Thanks!
    Saturday, February 21, 2009 7:34 PM