Schema WAS prepared, but now shows is NOT OK. RRS feed

• Question

• We are migrating LCS2005 to OCS2007. We are using only IM and presence and we are going to keep the sam roles. I was installing OCS STD Ed R1 on the Director, but I got a permission error to activate the server (I was using a domain account permissions). After many tries with no success I have decided to unistall all componentes about OCS and SQL on that server, reboot and install again.

However, when we have tried again the OCS Installation Wizard shows that the Schema was not prepared, what is not true, because we have prepared the schema and before this unistallation I had seen that the Schema was OK in Wizard.

Now, according to Wizard I have to prepare the Schema again. I tried to run the Enterprise Wizard and the STD Wizard from others servers, but I got the same result.

Has anyone any clue?
    Thanks and regards.

André Freitas
    Andre
    Monday, March 16, 2009 3:23 PM

All replies

• Hi Andre,

Checout the reskit tools and you will be able to check the setup. Use the LCSDIAG configuration checker. I assume that the uninstall was not completely successful and you therefore got the errors.
    With the reskit tools you can also use Checkspn.vbs which allows you to manipulate the SPN (very useful for your testing environments in which you constantly deploy different pools). The LCSTracer for tracing information. The LCSDiag which Shows the server configuration. This will be your best bet. Other tools are LCSCheck and the LCSPing.

Regards
    Anesh

Anesh
    Monday, March 16, 2009 3:43 PM
  • We had the exact same issue - found out that the SPNs were not created.  We had to manually create then using ADSIEdit and the setup showed that AD was ready and we could proceed.
    Monday, March 16, 2009 6:07 PM
  • Thanks for your help. After I posted this question here, I tried once more and the Wizard recognized that the Schema/Domain were prepared.

Andre
    Wednesday, March 18, 2009 11:24 AM
  • I have found that simply waiting a while (giving the system time) helps and then it works.
    Anesh
    Wednesday, March 18, 2009 12:52 PM