WHS compatability with 64 bit Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• I have not been able to get an answer to this question. Can I install Windows 7 64 Bit Home Premium on my home computer (client) and have it work properly with my 32 bit windows home server. I have been told that it wouldn't work by a customer service representative at Microsoft's support center where I purchased Windows 7 but I am not sure that she was confident in her answer or just trying to pawn me off. I would like to upgrade to 64 bit but I don't want to screw up what I have.
    Friday, December 11, 2009 5:22 PM

Answers

• Yes, it will work fine.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Friday, December 11, 2009 6:06 PM

All replies

• Yes, it will work fine.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Friday, December 11, 2009 6:06 PM
  • I agree.... I have windows 7 hp x64 and windows 7 ultimate x64 running just fine with whs.... in fact... I can do a recovery from cd just fine also.  I have done this several times.
    Friday, December 11, 2009 7:39 PM
  • This Weekend I completely rebuilt my WHS Server and my Windows 7 Ultimate machine and all works prefectly.   It took about an hour to go from a vanilla WHS to PP3 but the connector installed perfectly, Windows media Center on Windows 7 sees the server just fine, all shares work, and media streaming is working perfectly.   My extenders see the server and my recored TV shows and WHS backed up my Windows 7 machine last night just fine.  Duplication is working good and my dribes are running in DMA 4 and 5 mode.  - It all works great together.

WHS_retail version
    Monday, December 14, 2009 10:23 PM
  • Yep, I will agree with the replys posted before me. I have a 64X windows 7 running on one of my client PC's in my home network, and it works flawlessly. Everything has been spot on.
    Wednesday, December 16, 2009 2:35 AM