Cannot connect this computer to the network - works for one server but not another. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I've got a virtual PC setup running a clean install of Windows 7.  Just setup a new home server and whenever I try and connect to it, I get the error message

Cannot connect this computer to the network

"The Server is not available.  Try connecting this computer again, or for more information, see Troubleshoot connecting computers to the server."

I have another Home Server also on the network and this virtual PC can connect to that one perfectly.  So my client would appear to be ok.  Seems it's something on the server.  Checked event logs and everything seems all ok there.

Any ideas?  I'm sure it's something simple.

Many thanks

Leonard Powers
    Friday, June 24, 2011 7:40 AM

Answers

• Think I've found the problem.  For some odd reason I'm able to log into the server with the correct password but if I try and change the password either via the dashboard or via Ctrl Alt Del option, it says I'm typing in the wrong original password.  So I think somehow the password has gone a bit screwy.

A quick rebuild will confirm .

Leonard Powers
    Friday, June 24, 2011 1:47 PM

All replies

• Think I've found the problem.  For some odd reason I'm able to log into the server with the correct password but if I try and change the password either via the dashboard or via Ctrl Alt Del option, it says I'm typing in the wrong original password.  So I think somehow the password has gone a bit screwy.

A quick rebuild will confirm .

Leonard Powers
    Friday, June 24, 2011 1:47 PM
  • Rebuild fixed the problem.
    Leonard Powers
    Sunday, July 3, 2011 8:43 AM