none
Insert quote in forum editor ? Advanced editor ?

Question

• Hi,

My editor has no "insert quote" option, so I can just quote the entire replied message when replying. Is there a way to insert only selected parts of the replied message (or any other quote BTW) ?

More generally, in some forums, there is a kind of "Advanced editor" that can be used depending on user profile setting. Is it the case with MSDN forums ?

Thanks and regards.

Marc.

Saturday, January 4, 2014 9:42 AM

Answers

• My editor has no "insert quote" option, so I can just quote the entire replied message when replying. Is there a way to insert only selected parts of the replied message (or any other quote BTW) ?

The only option I'm aware of is to quote the message you want and then manually remove the additional text that isn't required. The text within the grey quote box is editable just like your own message.

Saturday, January 4, 2014 9:53 AM
  • There is no 'advanced" editor, although you can use the HTML tab to modify or add to the HTML.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Saturday, January 4, 2014 1:33 PM

All replies

• My editor has no "insert quote" option, so I can just quote the entire replied message when replying. Is there a way to insert only selected parts of the replied message (or any other quote BTW) ?

The only option I'm aware of is to quote the message you want and then manually remove the additional text that isn't required. The text within the grey quote box is editable just like your own message.

Saturday, January 4, 2014 9:53 AM
  • There is no 'advanced" editor, although you can use the HTML tab to modify or add to the HTML.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Saturday, January 4, 2014 1:33 PM
  • Thank you Keith and Richard.

That perfectly answers the question.

Best regards.

Sunday, January 5, 2014 6:37 PM