can't find my old thread RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

I'm looking ofr my old thread in this forum unfortunatelly i cant find my old post. it display only the last 60 days that i have posted. any idea guys. thanks.

• Moved by Naomi N Monday, February 17, 2014 1:59 AM Looking for thread in T-SQL forum
    Monday, February 17, 2014 1:20 AM

Answers

All replies

• Yes, thats the way forum is working. If you want some thread to have reference forever, I strongly suggest you to MARK the thread with "ALERT ME" . Once you marked for Alert, you will be able to access from the My Alerts Session.
    Monday, February 17, 2014 2:01 AM
  • To help you to get your thread, you may try GOOGLE SEARCH with question(if you are not sure, part of question) + yourname + ANSWERER NAME(If its is answered). You will get if you are lucky :)
    • Marked as answer by Lenoj Monday, February 17, 2014 5:31 AM
    Monday, February 17, 2014 2:03 AM
  • Hi,

As mentioned, this is completely by design (I don't get it either).

I've started a thread in the Suggestions forum requesting that this be returned to us, you may want to add your voice there as well:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/597b4a9d-1ca8-49be-9aac-dbaf0419bafc/my-threads-add-the-option-to-show-over-60-days?forum=suggest

Don't retire TechNet! - (Don't give up yet - 12,575+ strong and growing)

• Marked as answer by Lenoj Monday, February 17, 2014 5:31 AM
    Monday, February 17, 2014 3:26 AM
  • Thank you guys. i will try your suggestion.

I though this will not removed the trhread that i was posted before. I have a lot of reference code that is very much helpful for development.  anyway, thanks again.

Monday, February 17, 2014 5:34 AM
  • This is very common complain since this change was implemented. Everyone needs to have access to all the threads, not just last 60 days.

Say, even for Guru contributions I may need to review some of my old threads to write an interesting article. Without that access the process is much harder.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

• Edited by Naomi N Monday, February 17, 2014 10:13 PM
    • Marked as answer by Lenoj Tuesday, February 18, 2014 1:54 AM
    Monday, February 17, 2014 10:12 PM