Address book Issues RRS feed

• Question

• Settings up the address book seems very vague to me or I just don’t see the document that shows you how to do this.

I read the portion about setting up a share BEFORE you run the setup but this was well after I installed the software.  I also went as far as I could with WMI configuration but that was just pointless to me.

Where did I go wrong here and please tell me I don’t have to uninstall this just to create share?!  Where are the specific directions for this and why isn’t it done for you?

Thursday, March 29, 2007 3:53 AM

Answers

All replies

• The Addresse Book link is now a URL path not an UNC path. Don't know if the same applies to you but I had to change the supported MIME types so the users could download (make searches) the address book

Try the following:

Default Web site Properties/HTTP Headers TAB/MIME Types Button/add the following

Extension: .dabs

MIME type: application/dabs

Extension: .lsabs

MIME type: application/lsabs

Thursday, March 29, 2007 4:32 PM
  • Okay, I can create the MIME types on the web server but where is this all defined on the OCS server?  Is this just for searches?  If so, than I am doing this for nothing.

Do you know if setting up the contect list is the same as it was in LCS 2005?  Where you have to use the develpment tools to create groups and such so that everyone could see everyone else?  I really hope not!

Thursday, March 29, 2007 6:30 PM
  • First of all, be aware that i'm not a speciallist! I'm only trying to help from my experience...

Second, It seams that what you want is a published address list of the RTC enabled users. I don't think that's possible, but you can create a DL with all the enable users, which can then be expanded either through the Outlook or even through adding the DL e-mail address to your contacts on the communicator client

Hope that helps...

Friday, March 30, 2007 1:30 PM
  • I am still in the same boat.  My communicator isnt synching the address book as it is and in reading several different postings on a couple forums that the only way automate the users contact list is the same as it was in LCS 2005.  Can someone verify this.

This is all for nothing if I still have to use LCSContact scripts to setup this up manually.

Friday, April 6, 2007 5:34 PM
  •  

Hi,

The address book service is installed by default in OCS and is given the URL which matches the Web Farm name given at install.  This will be the pool name for internal users, and the name assigned to the external webfarrm during setup for external users.

This information is provided inband to clients during the login to OCS.  The actual share used is different depending on the deployment.  Standard Edition has a default share under the program files\office communcations 2007\web components directory.  In Enterprise Edition deployments, you create the share yourself during pool creation.  This in mainly to tell the service where to put the files, not as a path for clients to download.

You must also make sure the default website has a certificate bound with a subject name that matches the pool name.  If this is not configured, the connections will fail.

If you have problems getting to the website in IE, you may try adding it to the trusted sites list as well. 

Thanks,

Matt

Thursday, April 19, 2007 2:11 PM
  • Friday, April 20, 2007 8:31 PM