Editing a post marked as spam? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I made a post to the Configuration Manager (Current Branch) – Security, Updates and Compliance forums, and originally I think it went through. I have the Grammarly extension on my browser and apparently that accidentally injected some HTML  into the post so I attempted to go through and delete that out after disabling the extension so it was readable.

Unfortunately, when I tried to edit it, I was getting messages that it had been marked as spam. No problem, I'll just delete it, and recreate it. Nope, now I can't post at all... and I no longer have a copy of my deleted thread as I accidentally copied over it. Hopefully you guys can verify me and restore it?

Thanks!

Thursday, December 6, 2018 4:41 PM

Answers

• I just asked to have it restored, may take a bit.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by PKarla Thursday, December 6, 2018 4:49 PM
    Thursday, December 6, 2018 4:48 PM

All replies

• Lately this happens when really you just need to have your account verified. You need to post a request in the current verification thread here:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/dc4002e4-e3de-4b1e-9a97-3702387886cc/verify-account-42?forum=reportabug

The current verification thread periodically changes, but is always a sticky thread at the top of this forum:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=reportabug

Edit: Your post got deleted. I guess you deleted it. I also see you posted a request in the thread I linked already. The forum admins process the requests twice a week, so be patient.

Regarding Grammarly, it adds unsupported html to the text of messages, making them difficult to read. Best to not use it in the forums.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

• Proposed as answer by Dave PatrickMVP Thursday, December 6, 2018 4:46 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by PKarla Thursday, December 6, 2018 4:47 PM
    • Edited by Richard MuellerMVP Thursday, December 6, 2018 4:50 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Dave PatrickMVP Thursday, December 6, 2018 4:55 PM
    Thursday, December 6, 2018 4:45 PM
  • I appreciate the response but that doesn't resolve my issue of the deleted post. Can that be recovered? If you look in that thread I already requested verification.
    • Edited by PKarla Thursday, December 6, 2018 4:48 PM
    Thursday, December 6, 2018 4:47 PM
  • I just asked to have it restored, may take a bit.

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by PKarla Thursday, December 6, 2018 4:49 PM
    Thursday, December 6, 2018 4:48 PM
    Thursday, December 6, 2018 4:49 PM
  • Thread has been restored. 

Thursday, December 6, 2018 4:55 PM
  • Thank you. I submitted my request already. Unfortunately the thread with the formatting issues got restored and I still am unable to edit it, so I'll just post on it with the fixed text.
    Thursday, December 6, 2018 5:02 PM
  • The issue is caused by the browser add-in grammerly. It adds unwanted / invalid html to the forum editor. Try posting with the add-in disabled.

Thursday, December 6, 2018 5:04 PM
  • Yep I have already disabled it, but that text is still in my original post and I am unable to edit it as every time I try I am told it's being marked as spam.
    Thursday, December 6, 2018 5:22 PM
  • I'd probably delete the thread and repost. The "marked spam" messages are misleading but are caused by new account not yet verified.

Thursday, December 6, 2018 5:24 PM
  • Haha yeah, that's what got me into this predicament. I attempted to do that, but when I attempted a new post I was told it was spam and it never showed up. Then I had no copy of what I had done as I deleted the old one.
    Thursday, December 6, 2018 5:27 PM
  • May have to wait for verification if you can no longer post in forum.

Thursday, December 6, 2018 5:32 PM