Connector Software Installation Fails RRS feed

• Question

• My server is on the same sub-net with the rest of my computers, but the connector installation fails to find the server for installation (from all the machines).  What should I try to fix this?  Also, I can't see the server to attach a network drive and the server can't see any other machine either.  They are all using the same workgroup name too.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Monday, December 21, 2009 2:02 AM

Answers

• Thanks for your help, but I found the trouble already -- it was my virus program (bitdefender).  I had set my old configuration to "public network" and it blocked everything on the sub-net.

I haven't been to germany since 1972, but enjoyed it much while I was there.  Have a GREAT Xmas and Happy New Year !!

Mike
    Monday, December 21, 2009 7:31 PM

All replies

• Hi Mike,
    what is it for a server, self built, or OEM?
    Could you open a cmd prompt, issue the command
    ipconfig /all
    and copy the results?
    I assume a DNS related misconfiguration as described in the FAQ How to Troubleshoot Network Connection Problems with Windows Home Server.
    Which version has your Windows Home Server installation (in the console, which you can also start on the home server desktop on a self built system click Settings/Ressources)?
    This is interesting to know, because Power Pack 3 cleaned up some of these issues.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Monday, December 21, 2009 11:00 AM
  • Thanks for your help, but I found the trouble already -- it was my virus program (bitdefender).  I had set my old configuration to "public network" and it blocked everything on the sub-net.

I haven't been to germany since 1972, but enjoyed it much while I was there.  Have a GREAT Xmas and Happy New Year !!

Mike
    Monday, December 21, 2009 7:31 PM

the same to you.
    And yes, security suites can be an often forgotten cause for all kind of troubles.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Monday, December 21, 2009 10:32 PM