70-502 - Self-Paced Training Kit - Lost CD RRS feed

• Question

• My company bought the 70-502 SPT a while ago, since I wanted to prepare for the exam. Now I finished the book, scheduled an exam but can't seem to find the companion cd (not the VS 2008 Demo, the practice test).

I used the local channel http://www.microsoft-press.de/, but they only offer support for german printed books. I tried microsoft learning website, which led me to a tollfree number for US inhabitants and a lousy link for all non US-Citizens. I called the number, but nobody was there to pick up my call (well, timezones are a tricky thing sometimes)...

What I'd really like to know : Is there a way to get the practice test back other than buying the book (which I don't like very much for various reasons) again?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Monday, February 21, 2011 10:53 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Not really, you get purchase the measureup tests (measureup.com), these are usually slightly harder questions.  If you search you should be able to find a discount on these so may cost less than a new book.

Kind Regards,

Ozzy Geoff

• Proposed as answer by Geoff Clark MCM Tuesday, February 22, 2011 6:46 PM
    • Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Friday, March 4, 2011 3:31 PM
    Tuesday, February 22, 2011 4:16 PM
  • Hmm ... I always saw the small practice tests that came with the books as a minor help tool and compared with MeasureUp or SelfTestSoftware, the commercial tests are much better (as Ozzy pointed out already).

And sending you a copy of the cd content is against the copyright so at least I will never do something like that. One idea that comes to my mind are libraries. Maybe you can borrow that book from a library? At least in germany we have large libraries where you can borrow books and they can even order you a book from some other library that they do not have on stock.

With kind regards,

Konrad

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 9:18 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi,

Not really, you get purchase the measureup tests (measureup.com), these are usually slightly harder questions.  If you search you should be able to find a discount on these so may cost less than a new book.

Kind Regards,

Ozzy Geoff

• Proposed as answer by Geoff Clark MCM Tuesday, February 22, 2011 6:46 PM
    Tuesday, February 22, 2011 4:16 PM
  • Hi Ozzy,

that's a shame...Is anyone of you guys able to zip & send me the practice tests? Of course I would prove the genuinity of my book by sending you photos or whatever...I know this sounds a little weird, but my exam is scheduled for march 25th, and time is already scarce as it is...

From my experience with 70-536 and 70-505 the mock exam was the only way of practice that made any sense...

Thanks a lot in advance!

Sebi

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 7:53 AM
  • Hmm ... I always saw the small practice tests that came with the books as a minor help tool and compared with MeasureUp or SelfTestSoftware, the commercial tests are much better (as Ozzy pointed out already).

And sending you a copy of the cd content is against the copyright so at least I will never do something like that. One idea that comes to my mind are libraries. Maybe you can borrow that book from a library? At least in germany we have large libraries where you can borrow books and they can even order you a book from some other library that they do not have on stock.

With kind regards,

Konrad

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 9:18 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi Konrad,

right you are about copyright / licensing, but the fact that I have bought the book & disc (along with the license to use it) and microsoft is neither capable nor willing to provide me with a replacement disc makes me a bit...desperate.

Anyway, I don't want to lure anybody onto legally thin ice, so just forget I asked. I will try interlending as you proposed, here in Düsseldorf I might have a chance with that.

Kind regards

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 9:56 AM
  • Bad luck, not even the libraries have access to it...
    Wednesday, February 23, 2011 10:14 AM
  • Maybe I can prove the genuinity of my book by sending the enclosed 15% Discount voucher to the one who sends me the practice test? Would that prove it?

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 2:51 PM
  • All sorted out - called 1-800-mspress and will have replacement cd shipped. great!
    Wednesday, February 23, 2011 6:11 PM