Register a CRM app with Azure Active Directory (Need help Urgent) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

As per following link  https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt622431.aspx

For a Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online deployment:

• The user must have a Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online system user account with administrator role for the Microsoft Office 365 subscription.

• A Microsoft Azure subscription for application registration. A trial account will also work.

My question is : Do we have to have Azure Ad subscription in samve office 365 subsctiption account or  can we configure this in other  Azure Ad subsctiption account?

Example: My Crm online subscription is with abc@ccc.com  and my Azure ad subsctiption is in Xyz@sss.com

So can I register my crm client app with  Xyz azure Ad subscription and use its client ID in  application for abc CRM online ?

OR is it not possible? or I am doing something wrong?

Thanks Regards Prashanth Kamasamudram Even the least work done for others awakens the power within; even thinking the least good of others gradually instills into the heart the strength of a lion.

Thursday, April 14, 2016 8:41 AM

All replies

• Any one worked in this kind of scenario?

My Crm is in other office365subscription    and azure active directory is in other subscription.

Now we have developed a client application to connect to crm using webservice (webapi) . 

Can we register our client app with Azure AD and use the client Id to make calls to our CRm?

will this work? or we need to have both CRM and Azure subscriptions on same office 365 account?

if it works without having azure and Crm under same office 365 subscription, then how to do it? 

We have worked with azure and CRM unders same office 365 subscription account, and we were able to successfully connect to crm and fetech data,the problem arised when we  registered our native client app in Azure Ad which is under different office 365 subscription.

Thanks Regards Prashanth Kamasamudram Even the least work done for others awakens the power within; even thinking the least good of others gradually instills into the heart the strength of a lion.

Thursday, April 14, 2016 4:58 PM