locked
Ribbon disapperring after saving a record RRS feed

  • Question

  • Has anybody encountered an issue where the ribbon (command bar) buttons disappear after saving a record?

    This is occurring for one user at a client site of mine and I can not reproduce the error. 

    Any information on this issue and its resolution would be much appreciated.

    Thanks 
    Dean

    Monday, September 7, 2015 7:49 AM

All replies

  • I have not seen this. It might be useful for others if you state the version of CRM that you are using.
    Monday, September 7, 2015 10:13 PM
    Moderator
  • I am using CRM 2013
    Tuesday, September 8, 2015 1:01 AM
  • Hi Dean,

    It might be Security roles issue. Please check roles.

    I have faced this issue in my earlier project. If user has System Admin role it was working but not working for other roles.

    I wrote a Script. It is throwing issue for other roles as 'Entity type not defined'. Please check your scripts.

    Regards,

    Srikanth

    Tuesday, September 8, 2015 4:25 AM
  • Hi,

    Rule out the confusion here by giving admin access to user , If it showing it should be a security role issue. 

    If not check users browser version, if i remember correctly i had some issues with Chrome version few years back.

    find the root cause, solution must be easy.



    Thank you, Sreeni Pavalla Please Vote as Helpful and Mark As Answer if it helped you. Blog: https://sreenipavalla.wordpress.com/

    Thursday, September 10, 2015 11:01 PM
  • Thanks for the suggestion, we have tried to recreate the problem with a user that is sys admin and a user that has the some roles as the user experiencing the problem. We still could not recreate the issue.
    Friday, September 11, 2015 12:28 AM
  • Thanks for the suggestion, we have tried to recreate the problem with a user that is sys admin and a user that has the some roles as the user experiencing the problem. We still could not recreate the issue.

    We have also tried it in the three browsers available at the client Chrome, IE11 and IE9 and have tried reproducing the error on the users machine. It only happens for the one user. Not sure if it happens for this user on other machines that might be an additional test we can use to try and diagnose the problem.

    I am sure once we find the root cause it can be fixed easily but at the moment it is a bit like looking for a needle in a hay stack.

    Friday, September 11, 2015 12:31 AM