Windows Home Server Web Page not Working RRS feed

• Question

• I get the "A local web server or firewall issue may have occurred. Please contact support for additional assistance." I have verfied that my ports are forwarded to my server and I verfied on ShieldsUp that port 80 & 443 are open. I remote desktoped into the server and went into IIS and noticed that the Web Server is stopped and I get an error when I try to restart. Any suggestions?
    Sunday, August 2, 2009 3:28 AM

All replies

• I get the "A local web server or firewall issue may have occurred. Please contact support for additional assistance." I have verfied that my ports are forwarded to my server and I verfied on ShieldsUp that port 80 & 443 are open. I remote desktoped into the server and went into IIS and noticed that the Web Server is stopped and I get an error when I try to restart. Any suggestions?

The only supported method to fix is Server Reinstallation.  However, before getting to that, did you try rebooting the server?  is there anything in the event logs around the time you tried to start IIS?
    Sunday, August 2, 2009 4:44 AM
  • I know this reply is to a question over 2 years ago but this solution worked for me:

1. Go to the Remote Settings

2. Click on configure Domainname

3. Choose different name.

4. Enter all the same information as the configuration you're using now (if it says its being used then do this again after releasing the domain).

5. Attempt to connect again.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 9:14 PM