none
Follow up 70-511 RRS feed

• Question

• A few years ago, in 2011, 2012, I have worked with WPF and read the exam Training Kit for 70-502 and later 70-511. I never had the time to do the exam though, I just never got to it. Now the exam 70-511 is being retired in a few weeks. I want to do some exam, to proof my knowledge. The job market and the project market is getting thougher. It does not has to be WPF, I also have loads of experience in ASP.NET, Winforms. Nevertheless I cannot see any new exam that has more or less the topics I saw for 70-502 and 70-511.

If you already have the knowledge of the 70-511 exam, what new exam can you do, or what new exam could fit you with a few extra study hours? 

Saturday, July 5, 2014 11:16 AM

Answers

• Hey Marc,

There is one test that I found on the subject and is valid and could be used for upgrading the qualification if you wish.
    70-486 Developing ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications (you can see Skills measured what you need for the exam).

In addition if you want to upgrade your qualification to MCSD: Web Applications look through another two tests only (70-480 & 70-487). 
    I attached you a link to your review in accreditation and other details.
    https://www.microsoft.com/learning/en-us/mcsd-web-apps-certification.aspx

Regarding your question regarding a short time of learning (a few hours) for test success, it depends on your learning abilities and your existing knowledge. 
    I would recommend to go through the issues that every examination and test your knowledge anyway, probably should devote more than a few hours, your test is successful.

Please Mark This As Answer if it helps to solve the issue

Tzuri Ben Ezra | My Certifications: CompTIA A+ ,Microsoft MCP, MCTS, MCSA, MCITP |
    FaceBook: Tzuri FaceBook | vCard: Tzuri vCard | 
    Microsoft ID: Microsoft Transcript 
     |

Sunday, July 6, 2014 7:04 PM

All replies

• Thank you very much. But your links gives me a : We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found.

To add some information: I think I cannot do the old WPF/Winforms exam before the end of this month, since I did not work with wpf for over a year. Also I am not looking for upgrading, since I never passed the old exam. I am not really looking for qualification to MCSD or titles like that, just an exam to show that I have the knowledge. I was thinking of doing 70-483 myselfs, seems pretty general. 

Monday, July 7, 2014 6:39 AM
  • The links work fine in Chrome and I'm not sure why they don't work in Internet Explorer. I always get the error you provided when trying to access the learning website using IE.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCSA, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Monday, July 7, 2014 6:43 AM
  • I am using QupZilla on Bodhi Linux actually. :-)

I can google for it myself, it is not the problem. But is there not some exam I can do that involves more WPF knowlegde? I could not find it, I think it is a little annoying that they change the certfications every few years. I know they should upgrade, but then the old exam, should have a clear successor. And that I cannot find. 

Thanks for all your advice though. 

Monday, July 7, 2014 7:13 AM