CRM Data Import RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

I am using CRM data import to import contact records, in contact entity i have required fileds  for first name and last name, and in the csv file i have few records where first name and last name are null  i don't want those records to be imported

for this what i need to do , can any one tell me please its very urgent

thanks ........

Thursday, May 6, 2010 3:52 PM

Answers

• I suggest that you either:

• Open your CSV file in Excel and use the Filter feature to find records where First Name is blank or Last Name is blank and delete the rows.
    • Import the records into CRM and then use Advanced Find to identify records where the records were created today and the First Name does not contain data or Last Name is does not contain data, and then delete the records.

Hope this helps.

Neil Benson, CRM Addict at Customery Ltd.You can reach me on LinkedIn or Twitter, and you're welcome to sign up to Customery, an online community for UK-based Dynamics CRM people.

• Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Thursday, May 6, 2010 4:22 PM
    Thursday, May 6, 2010 3:57 PM

All replies

• I suggest that you either:

• Open your CSV file in Excel and use the Filter feature to find records where First Name is blank or Last Name is blank and delete the rows.
    • Import the records into CRM and then use Advanced Find to identify records where the records were created today and the First Name does not contain data or Last Name is does not contain data, and then delete the records.

Hope this helps.

Neil Benson, CRM Addict at Customery Ltd.You can reach me on LinkedIn or Twitter, and you're welcome to sign up to Customery, an online community for UK-based Dynamics CRM people.

• Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Thursday, May 6, 2010 4:22 PM
    Thursday, May 6, 2010 3:57 PM
  • thanks for your reply

but i can't do that , i can't open and edit the records, i don't want that records to be processed , for that what i need to do

Friday, May 7, 2010 6:59 AM
  • You can do a filter in excel to hight light the empty first name and last name and delete it before you import it.
    Best Regard Vincent L
    Friday, May 7, 2010 7:15 AM
  • with out opening the excel it is posssible

Friday, May 7, 2010 8:34 AM
  • I am not getting it, are you not been able to open the csv or you cant open contact entity in CRM????
    Best Regard Vincent L
    Friday, May 7, 2010 8:50 AM
  • No i don't want to open the excel file and edit the changes, and when i upload the excel records whose first name and last last name is null should not process , how can i achive this first name and last name are mandatory fileds on contact entity
    Friday, May 7, 2010 9:47 AM
  • If you have CRM configuration right, you can change the first name and last name as not required. after that, do your import and reverse it back.

than go to delete the unwanted contact. Should be fine in the process.

BTW what's the problem on editing the CSV/Excel?

Best Regard Vincent L
    Friday, May 7, 2010 10:58 AM