Money 2006 won't restore back up RRS feed

• Question

• Had my office computer to crash, reloaded Money 2006 from a cd onto the new computer, however it won't allow me to open the database backup from my usb drive.  I originally connected offline, but the passwords will not open it. My current live password is correct, however again it will not open the database file and I'd rather not re-key in 8 months of receipts.
    Friday, August 16, 2019 6:38 PM

All replies

• Save your *.mny file and the last several *.mbf files onto other media, such as a USB flash drive, in case something goes wrong.

You should probably install Money Plus Deluxe Sunset via the second (sticky) post in this forum, onto the new computer. Then put in the patch describe in the first (sticky) post in this forum.

Copy those *.mny and *.mbf files to your Documents folder, or a new folder within Documents. With that, you should then be able to open the *.mny file. If that does not work, open your newest *.mbf file. Do not restore to the saved place, but instead Browse to your Documents folder to identify the place to restore to.

Once in the file, change the backup locations to places that exist on the new computer.

If the newest backup does not work, used the second-newest.

Friday, August 16, 2019 7:39 PM
  • Can you open Sample.mny, go to Help / About and tell us the full version number you see?

Also, is your version of Money for the US, or for another country?

Thanks!

Bob - MSN Mobile

• Edited by BobSmiley Friday, August 16, 2019 7:43 PM
    Friday, August 16, 2019 7:43 PM