Default System Solution Comparison RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Are there any known methods to undo or revert unmanaged customizations in a CRM organization to the System Solution Default?

If not automatic, what about a ultility or method that would tell me the difference between the default system solution and my customizations so that I could manually undo them?

My goal is to move most if not all of my customizations out of the unmanaged layer and into managed solutions. I want to make sure that unmanaged customizations are reverted and don't affect my managed solutions.

Tuesday, December 17, 2013 8:21 PM

All replies

• Hi Kevin, Best way to see all solution elements is by opening the customization.xml file in Excel / Visual Studio. This lists all the elements of the solution. Then you need to start with deleting the least dependant element to most dependant in order. So to give you an example, if Account uses Country as reference lookup, delete the reference field first then you will be able to delete the country entity. Other possible way is to check for any field name in the metadata which contains your solution's prefix. Hope this helps. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Minal Dahiya blog : http://minaldahiya.blogspot.com.au/ If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful"
    Tuesday, December 17, 2013 9:31 PM