Windows C O A Serial Number RRS feed

• Question

• Help, Aftfer about 8 hours of installing WHS and all the updates what was frown at me I started to play with WHS.  I managed to sort out my Router so I could get remote access, all be it with some help from you guys.  I added some extra storage and did a few back ups and created a few folders.  Great I loved it I loved the whole idea of WHS.
    So I purchased a full OEm with 10 licenses from EBUYER.  I got a dvd service pack 1 with 2 cd's for remote connection and server configuration I also got a 3rd cd for unattended installation, I wish I had one of them !
    Any way to cut a long story short, I thought great enter the Serial number that came with the DVD for WHS and I am legit.
    Wrong, I keep getting the serial number is un reconised, please check and try again.
    I went onto the telephone activation and typed in all the 10 sets of 6 numbers ( i THINK 10X6) only to find that the numbers was also incorrect.
    Can someone please help I haved tried Ebuyer, no answer.  I have tried several times with the telephone but keep going round in circles.
    Is it because I have service pack 2 installed on my current system.
    Please dont tell me I have to reformat tmy hard drives and start again with the serial number  that came with the ebuyer dvd.
    I download the WHS from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=1A6AEF46-DB57-401F-814F-6EFA26E7A1E8&displaylang=en
    I the product I got from ebuyer is http://www.ebuyer.com/product/151819
    Can anyone help please?
    Sunday, September 20, 2009 3:01 AM

Answers

• Help, Aftfer about 8 hours of installing WHS and all the updates what was frown at me I started to play with WHS.  I managed to sort out my Router so I could get remote access, all be it with some help from you guys.  I added some extra storage and did a few back ups and created a few folders.  Great I loved it I loved the whole idea of WHS.
    So I purchased a full OEm with 10 licenses from EBUYER.  I got a dvd service pack 1 with 2 cd's for remote connection and server configuration I also got a 3rd cd for unattended installation, I wish I had one of them !
    Any way to cut a long story short, I thought great enter the Serial number that came with the DVD for WHS and I am legit.
    Wrong, I keep getting the serial number is un reconised, please check and try again.
    I went onto the telephone activation and typed in all the 10 sets of 6 numbers ( i THINK 10X6) only to find that the numbers was also incorrect.
    Can someone please help I haved tried Ebuyer, no answer.  I have tried several times with the telephone but keep going round in circles.
    Please dont tell me I have to reformat tmy hard drives and start again with the serial number  that came with the ebuyer dvd.
    I download the WHS from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=1A6AEF46-DB57-401F-814F-6EFA26E7A1E8&displaylang=en
    Can anyone help please?
    Please see the FAQ post:  How do I upgrade from the evaluation/trial to a full copy of WHS? for details on how to proceed.
    Sunday, September 20, 2009 4:46 AM

All replies

Can anyone help please?
    Please see the FAQ post:  How do I upgrade from the evaluation/trial to a full copy of WHS? for details on how to proceed.
    Sunday, September 20, 2009 4:46 AM
  • Thanks,
    What a backward system! I cant believe I have just spent another 4 or so hours having to reinstall the system.  At least I dont have to transfer the data into the sharerd folders again.
    Why give you the chance to try before you buy then have to reinstall?  Now to top it all I am going to have to change all my network settings again as at the moment cant get remote access again!
    All I have done is a reinstall!
    Thanks for pointing me in right direction :)
    Sunday, September 20, 2009 10:15 PM
  • Thanks,
    What a backward system! I cant believe I have just spent another 4 or so hours having to reinstall the system.  At least I dont have to transfer the data into the sharerd folders again.
    Why give you the chance to try before you buy then have to reinstall?  Now to top it all I am going to have to change all my network settings again as at the moment cant get remote access again!
    All I have done is a reinstall!
    Thanks for pointing me in right direction :)
    The reason is the fact that the time bomb is hard coded into the eval version of the OS and it's not specific to WHS (all evals are hard coded as such).  It's an anti-piracy measure used by MS.
    Sunday, September 20, 2009 11:46 PM