How to back up using onecare to an encrypted external hard drive RRS feed

• Question

• I have an external hard drive that i mount and dismount when using that i need to back up my computer to  using one care.  When the hard drive is mounted and i confirgure the one care to back up in the location the hard drive is not reconized as a loction to back up to.  HOw can i back up my computer to this ecrypted hard drive using one care if the drive is not reconized?
    Sunday, September 13, 2009 2:27 AM

Answers

• If OneCare does not see the drive as a valid backup destination, then either the process you are using to mount/unmount it, the encryption is use, or the connection type is unsupported. Without knowing more about all of those items, I can only suggest that you consider an alternative backup solutions. Since OneCare is at end of life, once your subscription is up you will need to seek an alternative, so turn off backup for now and manually copy your important files to the external drive until you find a good alternative.
    -steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Monday, September 14, 2009 12:08 PM