How to Install mynob99.dll? RRS feed

• Question

• OK... trying everything to fix the online updates hangup discussed in other posts.

Have not had any problems with Money until now and read the earlier posts on the patch.

How do I install mynob99.dll?

Thanks

Saturday, December 27, 2014 2:13 PM

All replies

• Is the first post in this forum not clear? The patched file does not get "installed" but rather overwrites the existing file in  MNYCoreFiles.

I just revisited http://blogs.msdn.com/b/oldnewthing/archive/2012/11/13/10367904.aspx It has a note that says "Update: An official fix for this issue has been released to Windows Update, although I must say that I think my patch has more style than the official one. You do not need to patch your binary. Just keep your copy of Windows 8 up to date and you'll be fine. "

That seems to imply that if you are using Windows 8, that the swap gets done for you. I expect there is more to the story.

Saturday, December 27, 2014 5:01 PM
  • Is the first post in this forum not clear? The patched file does not get "installed" but rather overwrites the existing file in  MNYCoreFiles.

Kinda.... you have to dig deep in the traffic to find out that you must view the hidden system files and then do a cut an paste to overwrite the original mnnob99.dll. Ameridan's post explains process clearly. Sorry to say it does not help my long update process.

Thanks

Sunday, December 28, 2014 2:29 PM