Calendar keeps snapping to the current time, can this be turned off? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I have been getting very frustrated with my Windows Mobile calendar if I am editing my appointments early in the morning, such as at 2am, because the highlight in the calendar is constantly snapping to 2am each time I copy and paste an appointment for example.

I always leave the calendar view set to "DAY VIEW", and scrolled to the point where I can see 9am to 10pm.  That's perfect for me, and I can see everything I want (and I just never put anything in outside of those hours) so I can always just scroll sideways through the days, and see what's going on.

This used to work fine on my older PPC, but on my new HTC Touch Diamond with a newer version of Windows Mobile on it, it automatically jumps to the current time as I move around.  This infuriates me if I'm browsing through my calendar at say, 11pm, or even 2am, as I just want to flick through and see the days, between 9am and 10pm, as normal, but every time I Copy and Paste an Appointment from noe day to the next, for example, the default behaviours is to then automatically snap the highlight to 2am, for example.

I then have to re-scroll the view to show all my appoinment, and also change the highlighted time position to say, 3pm, and continue browsing.  

I then copy and paste another appointment, and AGAIN, the device snapped the highlight to 2am, and changes the whole scrolling view position.  

I really want it to stop this auto-snapping behaviour!  I just want it to work like my old PPC, where it really didn't care what time of day I happened to be in while editing my calendar.  It just kept the highlight wherever I last had my stylus.  

I don't understand the benefit or use of this "automatically snap the highlight to the current time of day" all the time!!!

Any ideas?

- Murray

Sunday, February 7, 2010 11:36 PM

Answers

• Thanks for the feedback Murray. I have shared your posting with the team for their suggestions regarding the situation of snapping to the current time of day. For internal tracking purposes I am marking this thread as answered. You are still welcome to post and all can continue to view and reply.
    Thank you from the Windows phone team
    http://www.WindowsPhone.com/TotalAccess
    • Marked as answer by MaryAliceC Saturday, February 27, 2010 9:01 PM
    Saturday, February 27, 2010 9:01 PM

All replies

• Thanks for the feedback Murray. I have shared your posting with the team for their suggestions regarding the situation of snapping to the current time of day. For internal tracking purposes I am marking this thread as answered. You are still welcome to post and all can continue to view and reply.
    Thank you from the Windows phone team
    http://www.WindowsPhone.com/TotalAccess
    • Marked as answer by MaryAliceC Saturday, February 27, 2010 9:01 PM
    Saturday, February 27, 2010 9:01 PM
  • Thanks.  

If it were an option that could be toggled on and off, that would be fantastic.  Even if it were accessible only through the registry, that would be OK, too.

Thanks!

- Murray

Saturday, February 27, 2010 11:33 PM