Just passed exam - cant find where to use MCID & Temp Access Code RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

I have a Live ID which is already linked to an MCP (an old XP exam i passed in 2008).

Yesterday i passed my SQL 2008 70-432 exam and was emailed an MC ID & Temp access code.

The email gives instructions:

1. Log into the MCP Member Site

You should log into the MCP member site within 90 days of receiving this email.

· Click on www.microsoft.com/mcp

· Enter your Windows Live ID, MC ID (below), and temporary access code (below)

· For assistance, go to http://www.microsoft.com/learning/support/worldsites.asp

When i go to the link above (www.microsoft.com/mcp) it asks for my live username and password.

I input these details and then it takes me to my main profile mage... at no point am i prompted for my MCID or Access Code.

does anyone know where i can input these details so i can link my new certification to my current account?

I think it may be skipping the "Insert MCID & Access Code" part as i already have an MCP linked and it assumes i just want to log in rather than link a new cert.

Thanks,

M

• Edited by duffy202 Tuesday, September 6, 2011 1:06 PM
    Tuesday, September 6, 2011 1:03 PM

Answers

• It sounds like you registered for the exam without giving them your MCP ID.  You will need to contact MCP support to have them merge your accounts together.
    If you found this post helpful, please "Vote as Helpful". If it answered your question, remember to "Mark as Answer".

Rich Prescott | MCITP, MCTS, MCP

[Blog] Engineering Efficiency | [Twitter] @Rich_Prescott | [Powershell GUI] Client System Administration toolkit
    • Proposed as answer by Mr. Wharty Tuesday, September 6, 2011 10:54 PM
    • Marked as answer by duffy202 Wednesday, September 7, 2011 12:47 PM
    Tuesday, September 6, 2011 1:18 PM

All replies

• It sounds like you registered for the exam without giving them your MCP ID.  You will need to contact MCP support to have them merge your accounts together.
    If you found this post helpful, please "Vote as Helpful". If it answered your question, remember to "Mark as Answer".

Rich Prescott | MCITP, MCTS, MCP

[Blog] Engineering Efficiency | [Twitter] @Rich_Prescott | [Powershell GUI] Client System Administration toolkit
    • Proposed as answer by Mr. Wharty Tuesday, September 6, 2011 10:54 PM
    • Marked as answer by duffy202 Wednesday, September 7, 2011 12:47 PM
    Tuesday, September 6, 2011 1:18 PM
  • you were right; old bean.

I created a new Live account and used the MCID & Temp access code and registered my new cert to the new account.

I then contacted microsoft and they are going to merge that new account into my old one.

Cheers for the help,

M

• Proposed as answer by maurya1 Monday, October 8, 2012 12:23 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by maurya1 Monday, October 8, 2012 12:23 PM
    Wednesday, September 7, 2011 12:48 PM
  • I think i am also having the same problem....

I need to contact MCP support to have them merge my accounts 

How can i contact MCP support

Monday, October 8, 2012 12:22 PM