none
VS on MAC + GTK RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys, 

I have just installed the latest version of Visual Studio on my Mac & MonoDevelop from their official site (which now is pointing to Visual Studio installer). Since I used to code in VB.NET a long time ago - I thought I will give it a go and start a new project (New Solution -> .NET -> Gtk2.0+ project -> chose Visual Basic as the language. (Why? Because I can only create windowed apps in VB using gtk on mac).

Now, the issue is that I can't even get to a single empty window working and here is why:

0) All of the steps below are performed on a fresh mac/vs installation. I create an empty project - 1 windowed, no code.

1) references are all in red, saying Assembly not found for framework 4.6.1 (and no matter what target framework I choose in my project options it is red all the time - and I only have .NET framework different versions to choose among.

2) when trying to compile using MSBuild engine I am getting the following error: /Users/Peter/Projects/anothervbnet/anothervbnet/anothervbnet.vbproj: Error MSB4057: The target "Build" does not exist in the project. (MSB4057) (anothervbnet). 

3) when I uncheck "use the MSBuild" then I am getting the following errors: /Users/Peter/Projects/anothervbnet/anothervbnet/MyWindow.vb(1,1): Warning VBNC40056: The import 'Gtk' could not be found. (VBNC40056) (anothervbnet) 

I have no idea what is wrong! I have just installed VS and created an empty project on my Mac. What am I missing?

If anyone could help I'd really appreciate it.

Cheers,

P.

Tuesday, January 30, 2018 4:30 PM

Answers