Yet another site being ignored RRS feed

• Question

• I've been lurking here for well over a year, watching post after post about sites not being crawled and/or indexed. I kept thinking that eventually I'd see the answer that I needed. Nope! I've seen a few tidbits that have helped to improve my site, but nothing seems to make any difference as far as crawling and indexing. Like all the others posting here, I see  google and yahoo visiting often and updating their indexes. The MS bot drops in once or twice a day and promptly leaves. A few months back we had a small number of pages indexed, but then they disappeared.  Since then I only see the home page.

Our site is www.bluealcove.com, and I'd love it if any of you could point out that I've done something stupid to make Microsoft hate me!

Sunday, March 22, 2009 10:40 PM

Answers

• Hi Babob,

I see that most, if not all, of your backlinks are coming from link lists and other directories. These sites aren't really helping you. I would spend more time getting one high-quality backlink to 10 low quality ones.

Program Manager, Live Search Webmaster Tools
    • Marked as answer by Brett Yount Thursday, April 2, 2009 10:01 PM
    Thursday, April 2, 2009 10:01 PM

All replies

• Hi Babob,

I'm looking at this and will get back to you.
    Tuesday, March 31, 2009 8:37 PM
  • Hi Babob,

I see that most, if not all, of your backlinks are coming from link lists and other directories. These sites aren't really helping you. I would spend more time getting one high-quality backlink to 10 low quality ones.

• Marked as answer by Brett Yount Thursday, April 2, 2009 10:01 PM
    Thursday, April 2, 2009 10:01 PM