msn.exe problems RRS feed

• Question

• I think I have a virus that only affects msn.exe.   I have run all antivirus and spyware programs I can think of....all programs run fine except for msn.exe.  as soon as I start it up it gradually begins to eat virtual memory and later even cpu until the entire system goes to a crawl.  Does not happen when I am logged on through internet explorer though.  any suggestions on how to fix this?
    Saturday, February 17, 2007 2:40 AM

Answers

All replies

• There is probably something broken in your MSN browser. To get help with MSN products - http://support.msn.com/default.aspx?wa=wsignin1.0
    Sunday, February 18, 2007 3:24 AM
  •  pierino wrote:
    I think I have a virus that only affects msn.exe.   I have run all antivirus and spyware programs I can think of....all programs run fine except for msn.exe.  as soon as I start it up it gradually begins to eat virtual memory and later even cpu until the entire system goes to a crawl.  Does not happen when I am logged on through internet explorer though.  any suggestions on how to fix this?

This is exactly my issue.  It would be nice if Microsoft actually posted solutions rather than links to it's premium support line. 

Typical Microsoft,  I'm a fool for thinking I'd actually find a fix.

Thanks for nothing MS.

*flips eggtimer to see how fast a moderator deletes this post*

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 11:44 PM
  • If you are using MSN Explorer, you will need to contact MSN Support. This forum is for discussion of Windows Live OneCare. It is hosted by Microsoft, but it is a peer to peer discussion, meaning users helping other users. The moderators are volunteers.

Furthermore, if you are an MSN subscriber, you have access to free support. If you are using an older version of MSN Explorer, I'd recommend switching to Internet Explorer as the older versions of MSN Explorer are no longer supported.

-steve

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 1:48 AM