none
Is it possible to use Custom Credential Provider for Remote Desktop Connection in Windows 10? RRS feed

• Question

• I found a blog posted in 2009 with title "RDC and Custom Credential Providers".

It say: In nutshell, you will get double logon when authenticating via RDP and using custom credential provider.  This behavior is by design.  You will not get double logon when using the Microsoft built-in credential providers, i.e. password and smartcard.

Now 8 years past, is this behavior still the same in windows 10?

Is it possible to create a credential provider for RDC in order to get SSO user experience on the target machine?

I search a log of pages, but can't find a document which can clarify this issue. Hope somebody have a clue about it. Thanks ahead.

• Edited by Breads Monday, December 11, 2017 8:13 PM
    • Moved by Hart Wang Tuesday, January 2, 2018 1:59 AM
    Monday, December 11, 2017 8:12 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for posting here.

Did you say the RDC and Custom Credential Providers document?  I suggest that you can write your feedback at the end of the website.

About windows 10 issue, you can write your feedback on here or on user voice.

the current forum is about developing software issue.  I will move the case to off-topic forum.

You know that MSDN forum is free. So many people wants to find a solution for their own problems.
    If your issue has been resolved, I wish you can mark useful posts as answer that can be helpful for other person with same issue.

Best Regards,

Hart

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Breads Friday, June 28, 2019 6:13 PM
    Tuesday, December 12, 2017 5:42 AM