activation RRS feed

• Question

• Have program in box but had previously loaded trial and installed it on 3 computers in the home. I wanted to try it first, now when I go to register it I get a message that  the  product key is not valid. I have never used the program in the package and the key has never been used, it came with   my new computer.
    Saturday, September 27, 2008 4:37 PM

Answers

• You might have mistyped your product key.

If you see a character that looks like 1 or letter i replace it with a letter J.

If you have a character that looks like a 0 or letter O replace it with letter Q.

If it will still not work.

Take an image of your Product Key, save it in your computer then contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) -

http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

Saturday, September 27, 2008 4:54 PM

All replies

• You might have mistyped your product key.

If you see a character that looks like 1 or letter i replace it with a letter J.

If you have a character that looks like a 0 or letter O replace it with letter Q.

If it will still not work.

Take an image of your Product Key, save it in your computer then contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) -

http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

Saturday, September 27, 2008 4:54 PM
  • i deleated the program and reloaded using disk in box and all is well now>
    Saturday, September 27, 2008 5:25 PM
  • Even if you have installed onecare using the disk, it does not mean that your onecare is already activated. You still need to activate the product key, then sign-in in onecare using the Live ID that you will associate your product key with.

To activate a OneCare paid subscription
    1.  Start OneCare. 
    2.  Click Subscribe in the Actions to take section.
    3.  Enter the Windows Live ID information.
    Note If the customer does not have a Windows Live ID, they will be directed to sign up for one. 
    4.  Click Sign In . 
    5.  Select between Subscribe Now and Activate a token .
     a.  Click Subscribe Now to activate the subscription using a credit card. After clicking Subscribe Now , follow these steps: a.  Enter the payment information. 
     b.  Click Continue . 

Click Activate A Token to activate the subscription by using the product key found on the Windows Live OneCare box product. After clicking Activate a Token , follow these steps:
     a.  Enter the product key. The product key is typically found on the back or side panel of the CD or DVD jewel case. 
     b.  Click Continue . 
    6.  Review the information. 
    7.  Click Purchase Service . 
    8.  A purchase confirmation page will display. 
    9.  Click Continue . 
    Saturday, September 27, 2008 6:57 PM
  • Brian550,

Thank you for visiting the OneCare Program forums.

In addition to the instructions provided by Wenskie, we're glad to hear that the program has been reloaded and activated.

Lori MS

Monday, September 29, 2008 4:07 PM