How to change contract owner once the contract has been activated or invoiced? RRS feed

• Question

• Gentleman,

I may be doing something wrong, but I'm surprised how come my question does not bring any google answers back. One would think that is pretty common that an active contract may be re-assigned to a different owner for multiple reasons. i.e. a person leaves the company and want to reassign those records, or a sales person moves from location and accounts, opportunities and contracts need to be reassigned to another pier (which is my case).

Well, I see I cannot assign or modify the owner of a contract that is active or invoiced.

So how do I go about updating that element?

I apologize if there is an obvious answer sitting in front of my face and I cannot see it.

Thanks all

FB

mrbello
    Thursday, September 30, 2010 8:47 PM

Answers

• Hmmm...I can do it OK.

The Owner field is greyed out on the form itself; but if you go to the 'Actions' Menu and choose "ASSIGN" you should be able to assign another owner to the contract.

At least it works that way for me.

Friday, October 1, 2010 2:24 AM

All replies

• Hmmm...I can do it OK.

The Owner field is greyed out on the form itself; but if you go to the 'Actions' Menu and choose "ASSIGN" you should be able to assign another owner to the contract.

At least it works that way for me.

Friday, October 1, 2010 2:24 AM
  • try the way guy has suggested.
    Friday, October 1, 2010 11:38 AM