Context navigation not working when changing to the new CRM 2013 form RRS feed

• Question

• I have upgraded a CRM 2011 organisation to CRM 2013.  The default form is from CRM 2011 i.e. There are 2 columns of data.  The CRM 2013 form is available from the drop down.

I can navigate to an Account using the old form and the Contact Navigation bar works as expect i.e. I can access related Activities etc.

If using the drop down, I change to the new forms and refresh the page, the Context Navigation bar no longer works.  I still have the option to change everythin else from the Command bar however  I can not longer see the Context button.  This also occurs with Contacts, Users, Opportunities.  I have not tried any other entity.

The workaround is to "disbale" the new form by removing the security roles.  This does not affect new Organisations. 

Has anyone seen this before? How can I troubleshoot this?

Marc Collins www.QGate.co.uk

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 2:48 PM

All replies

• Did you ever find a solution to this? I have the same problem.

Using our customised form for Contact, if I then click the dropdown next to the contact name and choose Activities (or anything else!) nothing happens.

Using the standard out of the box form it works fine.

I have checked the javascript, the site map, trace logs. Can't see anything wrong.

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 9:31 AM
  • Hi

I did not a solution.  I have only seen this issue on this particular organisation and I did not take a back up first as it was only used for demo's.  As it was only for demo's I just exported all the relevant data and imported it in to a new organisation. 

I believe something went wrong during the upgrade.  Sorry I couldn't help more.

Marc Collins www.QGate.co.uk

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 10:45 AM