Server reinstall due to systemdisc failure not updating drive name? RRS feed

• Question

• I had to do a server reinstall due to my system disc failing. It worked like a charm and all duplicated data was saved and most of the not duplicated also.

My failed drive was a Samsung HD501LJ and my new system drive is a Samsung HD103UJ. After the reinstallation my system drive is still shown as HD501LJ under the Server Storage tab in the WHS console, although it show the correct capacity 931 GB (the old drive was 465 GB).

Why is this and is it of any significance? Can I somehow refresh the drives to update the names?

The "client info"-plugin in the WHS console shows the correct drive name.
    Sunday, March 8, 2009 5:25 PM

All replies

• Rob Graves said:

I had to do a server reinstall due to my system disc failing. It worked like a charm and all duplicated data was saved and most of the not duplicated also.

My failed drive was a Samsung HD501LJ and my new system drive is a Samsung HD103UJ. After the reinstallation my system drive is still shown as HD501LJ under the Server Storage tab in the WHS console, although it show the correct capacity 931 GB (the old drive was 465 GB).

Why is this and is it of any significance? Can I somehow refresh the drives to update the names?

The "client info"-plugin in the WHS console shows the correct drive name.

I don't know why, but I wouldn't worry about it (as long as it's reporting the correct size).  (I suppose you could try changing the registry, but considering the risk of doing that compared to what you would get out of it if it worked, I definitely would not recommend it.)
    Sunday, March 8, 2009 7:10 PM