CRM For Car Retailers RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone,

I am looking for a way in which a car retailer could keep track of the cars it sells individually; A customer would buy a Toyota Camry, for example, and his car in particular would have certain specifications others may not have (leather seats, electric windows...). Furthermore, the car may switch owners and still come back for service, so the car may need to be transferred to a new customer... Basically all these things that car retailers need to keep track of. How can I achieve these with MSCRM? Thanks in Advance!
    Friday, January 4, 2008 1:59 PM

Answers

•  

One approach would be to create a custom entity for the car. You would create appropriate attributes on the custom entity to describe the car's specification - such as manufacturer, colour etc.

The car entity would be parented either by an account or a contact (more likely) so that the car would be owned by a customer. When the car transferred to a new owner then the car would be re-parented in CRM. Note, that this would not maintain a history of previous owners so additional customization work may be needed to record this.

On the face of it your requirement doesn't sound too difficult to implement.

Saturday, January 5, 2008 5:42 PM

All replies

•  

One approach would be to create a custom entity for the car. You would create appropriate attributes on the custom entity to describe the car's specification - such as manufacturer, colour etc.

The car entity would be parented either by an account or a contact (more likely) so that the car would be owned by a customer. When the car transferred to a new owner then the car would be re-parented in CRM. Note, that this would not maintain a history of previous owners so additional customization work may be needed to record this.

On the face of it your requirement doesn't sound too difficult to implement.

Saturday, January 5, 2008 5:42 PM
  • Hello Feridun,

This is exactly what I came to after giving it some thought. I will need to come up with a way to record the owner history but that shouldn't be much of a problem. Thanks for the help!

Monday, January 7, 2008 1:35 PM