Ribbon menu Quote Product can't see a customised button using ribbonworkbench RRS feed

• Question

• I have added a button to the Quote Entity and it displays within CRM at the point where it lists all of the quotes, Now I would like it to show when the user has selected a quote and the screen open showing the quote header details but for some reason it won't display?

Any ideas?

Matt

Monday, January 25, 2016 11:27 AM

Answers

• I have found what the issue is... I was only putting the button onto the homepage and not onto the form, therefore it would only show in one place.

Matt

• Marked as answer by Matt_H_UK Tuesday, January 26, 2016 1:49 PM
    Tuesday, January 26, 2016 1:49 PM

All replies

• Hello Matt,

Unfortunately your scenario is not 100% clear. Could you please provide screenshots what you've done and what you wanted to achieve but haven't got the expected result.

Dynamics CRM MVP
    My blog

Monday, January 25, 2016 3:01 PM
  • Sorry for that.

In CRM if I select Quotes from the left hand menu, in the ribbon toolbar I can see the button that I have created and it works as expected.

If I select one of the quotes and open it, by double clicking the quote, my button is no longer displayed in the ribbon toolbar, but one in the same group is.

Will try to grab some screen shots.

Matt

Monday, January 25, 2016 4:37 PM
  • If I goto Quotes I see these menu options:

If I then double click a quote I get the following options : 

What I need to see is the "MH Quote Module" on the second screens ribbon.

Looking at the ribbon through an editor I can see it is on the Quote entity and there is nothing in the quoteproducts entity, so my thoughts are that there may be something hiding my button?

Any thoughts.

Matt

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 11:04 AM
  • Hello Matt,

Have you tried to put MH Quote button to other section (Quote Module for example)?

Dynamics CRM MVP
    My blog

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 11:42 AM
  • I have put it in other sections but it is still hidden when in the quote itself.

Matt

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 1:10 PM
  • That's weird.

Can you please provide screenshot from Ribbon Workbench of ribbon and rules of command attached to a button?

Dynamics CRM MVP
    My blog

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 1:22 PM
  • I have found what the issue is... I was only putting the button onto the homepage and not onto the form, therefore it would only show in one place.

Matt

• Marked as answer by Matt_H_UK Tuesday, January 26, 2016 1:49 PM
    Tuesday, January 26, 2016 1:49 PM