Retail release of Vail??????? RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone know when will it be release?   Whats the guesstimate?
    Wednesday, July 28, 2010 12:04 AM

Answers

• My personal guess, based on the V1 beta, is that Vail will RTM somewhere near the end of the year, with GA sometime thereafter (probably a couple of months to fill the pipeline). But that's only a guess; I don't have a hard date from Microsoft, and to be honest wouldn't be able to give it to you if I did.

For a more authoritative estimate, you'll have to wait for Microsoft. Check the team blog from time to time, but I'd bet that they won't say when it will be released until the day it's released...

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Wednesday, July 28, 2010 12:21 AM

All replies

• My personal guess, based on the V1 beta, is that Vail will RTM somewhere near the end of the year, with GA sometime thereafter (probably a couple of months to fill the pipeline). But that's only a guess; I don't have a hard date from Microsoft, and to be honest wouldn't be able to give it to you if I did.

For a more authoritative estimate, you'll have to wait for Microsoft. Check the team blog from time to time, but I'd bet that they won't say when it will be released until the day it's released...

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 12:21 AM
  • Thanks.   Just got a new server and was hoping to wait up to 2 months before performing a "fresh" install for Vail.   I guess I will use the current retail release and redo it all over again when Vail is release.
    Wednesday, July 28, 2010 12:32 AM
  • I'll note that there will be no upgrade from V1 to V2. You'll have to back up all your data to reuse the hardware.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 12:15 PM