none
*** Failed to construct a valid folder pair from the string: (left=C:\,. No folder pair name found RRS feed

• Question

•  

When trying to use the command line to create a pair, I am getting errors.

Getting this error message:

: *** Failed to construct a valid folder pair from the string: (left=C:\,. No folder pair name found.

Here is my command line:

c:\progra~1\syncto~1.0\synctoy.exe -d(left=C:\,  right=u:\Root, name="Test", operation=Contribute, check=yes, include=*.xls,*,doc,*.mdb,*.jpg,*.bmp,*.url,*.ndk,*.id)

When I add quotes I get this error:

*** Failed to construct a valid folder pair from the string: (left=C:",  right=u:\Root, name=Test, operation=Contribute, check=yes, include=*.xls,*,doc,*.mdb,*.jpg,*.bmp,*.url,*.ndk,*.id). Could not locate left folder C:"\.

If I remove the \ from C:\ then I get this error message:

*** Failed to construct a valid folder pair from the string: (left=C:,. No folder pair name found.

My goal is to be able to search the entire c: drive for the specific file types I want and back them up to an external drive, but I don't want to have to list each folder that I would like to be checked, as this is going to be used on diffrent PCs;

I have created the pairs using the GUI of SyncToy and it work great, but I need to put this in a cmd file so it can be remotely sent and triggered on PC

Wednesday, January 14, 2009 5:15 PM

Answers

• please remove the "spaces" inside the -d parameters. for your case, try:

c:\progra~1\syncto~1.0\synctoy.exe -d(left=C:\,right=u:\Root,name="Test",operation=Contribute,check=yes,include=*.xls,*,doc,*.mdb,*.jpg,*.bmp,*.url,*.ndk,*.id)

(should be written in the same line)

Monday, August 10, 2009 7:30 AM