none
Video panoramas fail if Windows Media Player is disabled RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Windows 8.1 x64. On attempting to open any video file in ICE 2.0.2 the application freezes and starts to consume CPU time and growing amounts of memory (I killed it at > 600 MB). I attached a profiler and noticed lots of instances of InvalidWmpVersionException. This does not happen with the older 1.4.4 version, there ICE reports a generic error "Cannot open video file.".

I assume the errors occur because I disabled Windows Media Player in the Windows features.

Friday, February 6, 2015 9:45 PM

Answers

• Thanks for letting us know. We have a known bug around the UI hanging in this case - we'll have a fix soon.

As is probably obvious though - you won't be able to use the panorama from video feature if you disable media player.

Saturday, February 7, 2015 5:10 PM

All replies

• The resource leak is a valid bug report, but the Media Player connection is mentioned in the Known Issues discussion.
    Fair point about the ICE 1.4 behavior being more desirable in this case, though.

There is no effect without a cause.

Saturday, February 7, 2015 12:42 PM
  • Thanks for letting us know. We have a known bug around the UI hanging in this case - we'll have a fix soon.

As is probably obvious though - you won't be able to use the panorama from video feature if you disable media player.

Saturday, February 7, 2015 5:10 PM