Contracts and allowment type RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

this is my first time working with CRM contract entity (2013).

I have created a contract template with Dates allotment type. This value should not be editable when creating the contract. But this field still appear on the contract footer. I can't hide it. I can't make it readonly. I have no choices as the field:

- can't be shown on the contract body

- can't be treated with business rules.

What's the problema with this field?

Thanks in advance

Thursday, February 6, 2014 3:27 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The footer on the contract form is not customisable I'm afraid.

I'm not sure what fields specifically you are trying to hide that appear on the form body, but you could try making those fields not business required by editing the field properties then move the locked fields in to a tab which is set to not visible.

The contract form has lots of core crm functionality included which you can not customise. If this doesn't meet your requirement to a satisfactory level, I'd advise you build your own custom entities to deal with service contracts.

Rob

MCTS. GAP Consulting Ltd. Microsoft Community Contributor Award 2011 & 2013

Thursday, February 6, 2014 8:42 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi

In addition to what Rob said :

You can go to contract form customization.

Click Footer on the top of form editor. This will allow you to edit Footer fields.

Now select allotment field in footer and remove it. Save the form and publish it then.

I hope thats also what you want to do.

Thursday, February 6, 2014 8:47 PM
  • That doesn't work for me CRMDevlpr! - looks to be locked and blank in the form editor even though it shows the status and the allotment type in the form.

Does it work differently for you?

MCTS. GAP Consulting Ltd. Microsoft Community Contributor Award 2011 & 2013

Thursday, February 6, 2014 10:57 PM
    Answerer