Creating Project Web Access site hangs at "Waiting for Resources" page in Project Server 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Environment description:
    ...........................................................................................................

Operating System:  Windows Server 2008 x64 machine with 2GB memory

DB Server: SQL Server 2008 SP1 and CU2 64-bit

Application Server: SharePoint 2010 beta and Project Server 2010 installed

Farm User: Domain\Administrator
    ...........................................................................................................

I am trying to provision a Project Web Access site from the Application management > Service Applications> Manage Service Applications > Project Server Service Application, But it hangs at "Waiting for Resources" Page.

Kindly suggest me what could be the issue?

Thanks in Advance!

Regards,

Thillai

Monday, January 25, 2010 11:23 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Thillai,

Please check the hardware requirements document http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee683978(office.14).aspx.  Installing everything on a 2GB machine - including your SQL Server may well be why this is not working for you.  4GB is the minimum, and this assumes you are just using the minimum services to run Project Server 2010, and not using other SharePoint Server services, such as search.

Best regards,

Brian.
    Monday, January 25, 2010 3:49 PM
  • Hello Brain,

Thanks for your utile suggestion!

Yes! Ofcourse I was configured only the minimum services,

So, Let me try with a more than 4 GB RAM machine.

Thanks once again!

Regards,

Thillai

Wednesday, January 27, 2010 4:41 AM
  • Hi Thillai,

I just wanted to add that even though 4GB is stated as base requirement,  the processing speed will be considerably slow when you want to enable and configure most parts and features of Project Server 2010.   If you are having Virtual environment, I would recommend having 8 GB of RAM for optimum performance and functionality.  Also, the free space on the C Drive should be 5 x RAM post Project Server installation otherwise you would be getting alerts each hour on CA.

Best Regards,
    Gokul Rajan
    Gokul Rajan
    Wednesday, January 27, 2010 3:32 PM
  • Hello Gokul,

Thanks for your suggestion!

We are planing to buy a new 64 bit machine with 8 GB RAM,

And so it will workout.

Regards,

Thillai
    Monday, February 8, 2010 2:07 PM