locked
Security Role changes had effect on the performance for users with this role. RRS feed

  • Question

  • We have CRM 2011 On Premise and I changed today for a user the security role.

    In detail I changed that he only can see activities in his "business Unit" and before he had the right to see all activities.

    Since this all activities loads very, very slow for this user.

    If I give him back the right to see all activities the performance will be fine again.

    I tried now to optimize the indexes, rebuild indexes on db,... This changed nothing in the slow performance.

    Does someone came across such a problem or has an idea what we could try?

    thx

    christian

    Tuesday, April 24, 2012 8:39 PM

All replies

  • can you check the error log on the CRM application server. This may lead us to the solution. I have not faced similar issue in the past.
    Monday, May 7, 2012 11:41 AM
  • I assume that you are placing it on the onload event? If you look at what is happening in the background, the form only change the colors once it is loaded on that view. I have also tried to change the colors without any hope. The best solution I could find was to add colors to Outlook and use Outlook instead to view the grid.
    дайджест
    Monday, May 7, 2012 11:49 AM
  • Hi,

    Is it possible to capture the sql query and the query plan being generated when all activities are retrieved by this user?

    Thanks,

    Adi.

    Thursday, May 24, 2012 11:08 PM
  •  

    Hi,

    If you want help on how to capture and optimize your queries, you can do so  by following the guidelines given from the following convergence sessions. You can sign up for virtual convergence and  find the relevant information in the following sessions.  http://www.msconvergence.com/registration/signup

    sessions:

    Performance Planning, Tuning & Optimization of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011

    Performance Considerations for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011

    Thanks,

    Adi.

    Friday, May 25, 2012 12:03 AM
  • We are seeing a very similar issue.  Users who have System Admin have excellent performance but users who have roles with less access are experiencing performance issues.   Did you ever find a solution to this problem?
    Wednesday, July 11, 2012 3:03 PM
  • did you create role from scratch or copied the exixting role and modified it ?

    If you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote as Helpful, Propose as Answer, and/or Mark as answer._____________________________________________________Ahmed - CRM APPLICATION MANAGEMENT ______________________ These replies/answers are my own and doesn’t relate to any company or organization.

    Wednesday, July 11, 2012 6:45 PM
  • Do you have lots of sharing going on, such as using the built-in "share record with previous owner when re-assigned" or lots of cascade on re-parent? The PrincipalObjectAccess (POA) table can become bloated and this could make things slow.

    If you have lots of records you have deleted (actually deleted, not de-activated) the corresponding POA rows are still there.

    You can remove these using a SQL script, ideally after installing UR6 which will stop the problem of non-removal of POA rows for deleted records from re-occurring:

    How to control PrincipalObjectAccess table growth in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011


    Hope this helps. Adam Vero, Microsoft Certified Trainer | Microsoft Community Contributor 2011

    Thursday, July 12, 2012 12:30 PM
  • Christian(or anyone),

    We just connected the dots today between some of our slowness issues and security roles.  Did anyone come to conclusions on this? 

    Thanks,

    Chris

    • Proposed as answer by Pankaj mohite Wednesday, December 19, 2012 5:26 AM
    Wednesday, December 19, 2012 12:32 AM
  • I thought I'd post what we found for anyone who stumbles upon this thread. 

    In looking at the delivered roles from Microsoft, it looks like they are setting organization level Read permissions for pretty much all security roles (ie. Salesperson...), and the restrictions are actually done with the other permission options (Create, Write, Delete, etc.).  Given that we don't have any reason to restrict the Read level, we just decided to change it from Business Unit to Organization for most entities, and that seems to have resolved the performance problem that we were seeing.

    • Proposed as answer by onedrum Wednesday, December 19, 2012 3:54 PM
    Wednesday, December 19, 2012 3:54 PM