CRM 2011 - Synchronisation of Appointments and Service Activities to CRM Outlook - changing status to Free / open RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have a CRM 2011 on premise deployment with CRM Outlook for 2007.  We recently started using Service Schedulig and had been running this for a few months with no problems.  We then switched on synchronisation with CRM Outlook for Appointments, Recurring Appointments and Service Activities.  In the first week we started getting users reporting that the service scheduler was allowing them to double book service activities. 

On closer inspection it turns out that when some users create service activities via the web client, as soon as it synchronises with CRM Outlook it changes the status of the service activity back to Scheduled/reserved back to Open/requested thus leaving the time slot open for the scheduler to book.  It doesnt happen all the time and does not happen to every user.  It is a standard deployment of CMR outlook accross the network and I cannot see any difference between the users that are experiencing this issue and the ones that are not.

I found a post on another forum that said it had been reported to MS as a bug in January, but I cannot find any confirmation that this is a recognised bug.

I would appeciate any help on this one and possible workarounds

Thanks

Karen

Monday, May 19, 2014 3:02 PM

All replies

• I had seen a similar issue last year.  But it didn't affect all users.  Only a small handful of them and of those few users, it only affect a small random number of their appointments.  So I was unable isolate it and prove a root cause but I thought it may have been a corrupt Exchange mailbox because appointments will sync back to there as well as CRM.

As a work around, I had the users open the appointment on their Outlook calender (using the Outlook form and not the CRM form) and change the appointment back to busy.  Then force a sync with CRM.  At that point, the appointment was remaining busy and not changing back to free.

Hopefully someone has more on this since I am curious about the root cause.

Jason Peterson

Monday, May 19, 2014 3:29 PM