CRM 2011 - Unable to Create Duplicate Detection Jobs RRS feed

• Question

• For some reason I can no longer run duplicate detection jobs in some of my environments. Apparently, some bugs exist within CRM 2011 where the DB holds on to values from previous environments (the DB was restored from another environment). When I select Duplicate Detection : New, I receive the following JS error: "searchCriteriaFrame.searchCriteriaForm.fetchXml is null or not an object" and the URL referenced in the error is "http://server:5555/Org/Tools/DuplicateDetection/DuplicateDetectionJobWizard/SearchCriteriaContainerPage.aspx"

However in the event log, the error references another page "http://server/Tools/BulkDelete/BulkDeleteWizard/SearchCriteriaPage.aspx"

And BTW, no other Orgs exist within this instance of Dynamics so tyring to enable another Org is not an option.

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Monday, July 16, 2012 12:53 PM

Answers

• It appears RU16 may have resolved this issue.
    • Marked as answer by DavidCRM Monday, April 14, 2014 12:58 PM
    Monday, April 14, 2014 12:57 PM

All replies

• Install latest roll up update and then try.

also can you please put up the trace log if possible.

If you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote as Helpful, Propose as Answer, and/or Mark as answer._____________________________________________________Ahmed - CRM APPLICATION MANAGEMENT ______________________ These replies/answers are my own and doesn’t relate to any company or organization.

Monday, July 23, 2012 5:45 PM
  • Hi,

Install or update th latest rollup and check still you facing same problem.

Thanks & Regards, MS CRM Consultant, V.Surya.

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 7:43 AM
    Answerer
  • Thanks for the suggestion but reapplying the rollup did not fix the issue and I find nothing in the trace logs related to this.

As an update, this behavior does not exist in every instance of Dynamics to which the org DB was restored. So, that leads me to believe the issue exists with the MSCRM_CONFIG DB, not the org DB.

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 12:40 PM
  • hi,

thanks for the update on this, if trace log showed some thing we would have been able to solve that.

we need to think for any other work around for this..

If you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote as Helpful, Propose as Answer, and/or Mark as answer._____________________________________________________Ahmed - CRM APPLICATION MANAGEMENT ______________________ These replies/answers are my own and doesn’t relate to any company or organization.

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 1:05 PM
  • I had similar issue and while searching for solution, I reached to this post.

Event log also has additional message: Exception message: The CRM organization you are attempting to access is currently disabled.

I found the organization association with a disabled ORG. You can Use this SQL to generate the code to find association in MSCRM_CONFIG database of all the Organizations that you are asscoiated to:

SELECT '
    select o.UniqueName as [Organization Name], su.DomainName as [User Name]
    from SystemUserOrganizations suo 
    join Organization o on o.Id = suo.OrganizationId
    left join '+DatabaseName+'.dbo.SystemUser su on suo.CrmUserId = su.SystemUserId
    WHERE su.DomainName is not null --= SUSER_NAME()
    ' 
    from Organization

This issue is related to Multi Tenancy. Until Microsoft resolves issue with Multi Tenancy, we need to learn and live with this. To solve the problem you would need to associate an unassociated domain user account to your account in previous ORG. After you disassociate your account from all aother ORGs, Return back try to create the Duplicate Detection Job. It shall work without any issue.

Monday, November 25, 2013 7:45 PM
  • It appears RU16 may have resolved this issue.
    • Marked as answer by DavidCRM Monday, April 14, 2014 12:58 PM
    Monday, April 14, 2014 12:57 PM