none
Cannot access new share RRS feed

• Question

• Ok,
    I just got a full version of WHS installed and updated.  I went to add a new share for downloaded game files (WoW and Day of Defeat Source) just to help me keep things straight in my head.  The problem is, I can see it in the list of shares when I browse to my server, but I cannot access it.  Anyone have a clue what could cause this?  I have also tried to make another new share and I have the same issue.  I gave my user on the WHS machine full control of the folder, but it will not let me even view its contents :(    
    Friday, November 7, 2008 10:33 PM

Answers

• smccloud said:

Ok,
    I just got a full version of WHS installed and updated.  I went to add a new share for downloaded game files (WoW and Day of Defeat Source) just to help me keep things straight in my head.  The problem is, I can see it in the list of shares when I browse to my server, but I cannot access it.  Anyone have a clue what could cause this?  I have also tried to make another new share and I have the same issue.  I gave my user on the WHS machine full control of the folder, but it will not let me even view its contents :(    

First, did you create the new share through the WHS Console?  If so, have you tried rebooting both client and server?
    • Marked as answer by smccloud Friday, November 7, 2008 11:06 PM
    Friday, November 7, 2008 10:59 PM

All replies

• smccloud said:

Ok,

First, did you create the new share through the WHS Console?  If so, have you tried rebooting both client and server?
    • Marked as answer by smccloud Friday, November 7, 2008 11:06 PM
    Friday, November 7, 2008 10:59 PM
  • Yes, I used the WHS console.

Turns out all I had to do was log out and back into my desktop.  Makes no sense to me, but I'm used to playing w/ Server 2k3 and 2k8 at work.
    Friday, November 7, 2008 11:06 PM