Contract Templates - Contract Levels RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all !

In the contract templates, there is a "contract level" info wich is a picklist having those values : Gold, Silver, Bronze...

In my company, contract levels names are CP1, CP2, CP3... and my boss loves those names and doesn't want any metallic name...

When I try to modify the attribute, the picklist's values are grayed and I can't change any of them. I've tried to look in the database, but i wasn't able to find anything...

How can I change those values ?

Thanks in advance !

EuG

Thursday, March 25, 2010 2:47 PM

Answers

• You can create a custom picklist field on the Contract entity,  add your values to it and use that for reporting purposes.  You can train the end users to disregard the other field or maybe they will just disregard it since it is not the values they expect.
    Best Regards | Twitter: edwardsdna
    Monday, March 29, 2010 7:12 PM

All replies

• contract templete is system entity thus you will not able to change this in supported manner..

but if you want chnage this in un supported manner then export the entity "contract templete" from CRM and extract and open the XML file.

locate the pick list description (silver,gold..etc) ..change them as per your requirment in XML..import this xml back and publish the entity..

since above chnage is unsupported try on virtual PC Image or Development envrionment first.

Hope this helps..

Thursday, March 25, 2010 2:53 PM
    Answerer
  • Thanks MayankP !

I've tried but it doesn't work, i've changed the descriptions but dynalics still displays gold, silver...

I'm quite buzy today, so i've only tried once, and may be i made a mistake.

I'll give it another try tomorow and i'll tell you if it worked.

Thanks a lot anyaway !

EuG

Thursday, March 25, 2010 4:55 PM
  • You can create a custom picklist field on the Contract entity,  add your values to it and use that for reporting purposes.  You can train the end users to disregard the other field or maybe they will just disregard it since it is not the values they expect.
    Best Regards | Twitter: edwardsdna
    Monday, March 29, 2010 7:12 PM
  • Thanks Donna,

I've solved it almost the same way.

I've transfered the contract level info in the descriptive name of the contract model and i've said my users not to pay attention to the original contract level field

Users have agreed, but i haven't seen my boss yet... :-)

EuG

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 4:01 PM
  • Hi Mayan,

I've tried several times your trick, but it has never worked, that may be because this entity is a system one...

I've found another way to deal with that issue...

It is described in the last reply of this post... It's quite handcrafted, but it seems to please my users...

Thanks for your help !

EuG

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 4:03 PM
  • Hi Mayan,

I've tried several times your trick, but it has never worked, that may be because this entity is a system one...

I've found another way to deal with that issue...

It is described in the last reply of this post... It's quite handcrafted, but it seems to please my users...

Thanks for your help !

EuG

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 4:03 PM
  • I'm glad you've identified a solution.  However, you might want to reconsider adding a custom picklist to the Contract as it will better support reporting, advanced find queries, Views, etc..  Trying to parse values out of a text field is less reliable and can prove problematic. 

Have a great day!

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 7:20 PM
  • Hi Donna !

It is done, i didn't mention it in my reply but i did it !

Thanks again !

EuG

Wednesday, March 31, 2010 7:26 AM