failed to retrieve autodiscovery information RRS feed

• Question

• Just installed the Communicator, and configured it to talk to Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 (Beta) successfully, but cannot get the presence information into Sharepoint (MOSS 2007).

The client has Outlook integration errors, and clicking on these it shows that the "Communicator has failed to retrieve autodiscovery information"

The mailbox is sitting on an Exchange 2007 server.

Where can I turn on this autodiscovery feature?? 

Thursday, March 29, 2007 2:54 PM

Answers

• Autodiscovery is turn on by default, however; if it fails we do not retry autodiscovery while we are logged on.  There is currently a bug file on the retry behavior.

You will also see this behavior if Communicator is running and Outlook is not started or having  connection problems.  You may have already attempted this but try exiting all the way out of Communicator and then Log back in.  We should attempt autodiscovery again.

Friday, April 20, 2007 11:21 PM

All replies

• The presence within Microsoft presence-aware apps should just work assuming OCS was already running when the presence-aware application was launched.

Regarding Exchange integration, assuming you have a default profile and access to the Exchange server (i.e. if you lauch Outlook it will connect to the server), the integration is automatic too. Make sure you can successfully work with Outlook and then launch OCS and see if that works (offline in cached mode does not count).

Thursday, March 29, 2007 9:22 PM
  • Brian,

I understand that all the office products shouls be precense aware out of the box, and in Outlook I can see the presense information for the current users, however the Communicator still shows the error as detailed above, and there is no presense information for any user in SharePoint, even after performing a full AD sync within SharePoint.

Regards,

Steven

Friday, March 30, 2007 8:18 AM
  • For sharepoint, do the URIs associated with the users match their domain login and their email addresses? Do contacts in Outlook where you have specified an IM address apprear with presence in sharepoint? For the outlook integration, I have seen where it has problems contacting the Exchange integration, but I have only seen that where OC is started and if you were to look at Outlook it has problems in the general connection.
    Monday, April 2, 2007 6:20 PM
  • Hi Steven,

What is the status of your issue? Was any of Brian's suggestions able to fix it? Can you post what your fix ended up being?
    If you still have this issue, please let us know as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Monday, April 16, 2007 6:10 AM
  • I am also having the same issue. I keep getting the error message : "Communicator could not get calendar or Out of Office Information from the exchange server". I have no problems getting any of this info using outlook 2k7. Has anyone found resolution to this?
    Monday, April 16, 2007 1:04 PM
  • Autodiscovery is turn on by default, however; if it fails we do not retry autodiscovery while we are logged on.  There is currently a bug file on the retry behavior.

You will also see this behavior if Communicator is running and Outlook is not started or having  connection problems.  You may have already attempted this but try exiting all the way out of Communicator and then Log back in.  We should attempt autodiscovery again.

Friday, April 20, 2007 11:21 PM
  • Thanks Thom. I was getting the same error message. Starting Communicator after Outlook fixed.
    Monday, April 23, 2007 7:54 AM
  • I did that and still no luck. I am curious to see if anyone has found a resolution for this.
    Monday, April 23, 2007 8:33 PM
  • Firstly, internal or external?  I'll assume internal for sake of arguement....

How is your DNS configured?  Auto-discovery counts on DNS, and therefore the A and SRV records must be properly set up.  If you want to post your DNS configuration for review, I'll happily take a look.

A records for your FE pool server and the SRV records for TLS (and TCP if you have them...)  Feel free to omit the domain, and just replace with <domain.com>

-r

Thursday, June 7, 2007 5:15 PM