Replacing the OS Drive on the Acer H340 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Apologies if this question has been asked before, but I've been trawling the internet for over an hour for an answer and nothing appears (blindingly) obvious to the problem that I'm facing.

To cut a long story short, I've just purchased 2x 2TB hard drives to replace the 4 drives that are inside my server (these drives = 2.2TB capacity).  I haven't got a problem with removing/replacing the drives - that part was easy.

In essence I'm wanting to replace the original 640Gb hard drive in bay 1, the drive with the OS on, with one of the new 2TB drives. I thought it would be a simple case of right-click, remove and replace. How wrong am I?

So the question is how do I replace the drive with the OS on. I think I have an idea, and it includes the use of the Server Recovery Disk and some nifty work with a paper-clip. But to be honest I'm a bit stumped (and not to say petrified of losing everything already on the drives!).

Like I said, if the answer to this question has already been posted my apologies for not being able to find it - and believe me when I say I have tried!

Thanks, in advance...

Monday, August 8, 2011 7:25 PM

All replies

• Have you read this in the FAQ Section?

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/whsfaq/thread/cf354b5d-b37b-4b7f-a0d5-8e573697777f

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.
    Monday, August 8, 2011 7:28 PM
  • Ditto from previous response...
    Monday, August 8, 2011 7:55 PM