Backup of Windows 7 Computers are failing? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

after trying serveral soutions, incl. reinstallment of WHS, and off cours updated to last Windows Home Server service pack no 3, I still have the same problem...it will not take bakup of our Windows 7 computers, the following error report is listed several times: "An unexpected Exception occured on the computer. COMException, request was not completed due to a I/O failure(exception fromHRESULT:0x8007045D) at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode IntRtr errorinfo)"

For your information, all computers with XP or Vista has not this problem?

Does sombody knows how to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance ;-)
    Sunday, February 14, 2010 10:40 AM

All replies

• I've seen this on my computer too. Have you removed or replaced harddrives lately?
    If so, this error is most likely caused by the connector. And I've had to remove the old backups to solve this. If this is the case, remove the connector from the win 7 machine. Log in to the whs console and make sure that the computer was removed from the computers & backup list. Perform a backup cleanup (whs console, settings, backup, click Clean now).
    While the backup cleanup is being completed, restart the win 7 computer and reinstall the connector when the cleanup is completed.

Sunday, February 14, 2010 12:26 PM
  • One other thing, start with running chkdsk on your harddrives on the win 7 computer. I did get this once when one of my harddrives had bad clusters.
    Sunday, February 14, 2010 12:30 PM