none
O'Reilly 50% Discount off E-Books RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi Folks,

I now buy my Microsoft certification texts as e-books for use on my PC or Kindle since this is very convenient for me. I purchase them directly from O'Reilly (oreilly.com), bypassing Amazon.com whenever possible because of Amazon's DRM.

O'Reilly is a partner of Microsoft Press, and their e-books (which are available in mobi, pdf, epub, and daisy formats) are DRM-free. You also receive free lifetime updates of your e-books, which includes corrected reprints.

I'm currently using a discount coupon, which is not advertised on the site, to save on my purchases. The coupon code is AUTHD, and when you apply this code at checkout, it will entitle you to 50% off e-books and videos, and 40% off regular books.

I'm not sure how long this code will last, but it's valid now, so please feel free to try it. Good luck.

Thursday, August 30, 2012 5:24 AM

All replies

• Just got another email from O'Reilly announcing a new Back-to-School promotion offering the same discounts as above, but with a new discount code.

The new discount code is B2S2, and expires September 11, 2012 at 11:59pm PT. Enjoy.

Wednesday, September 5, 2012 5:30 AM
  • You probably know that O'Reilly is the authorized distributor for Microsoft Press. Just went to the oreilly.com site and found that the 50% discount special has been extended for another week.

The discount code is still B2S2, but it now expires September 18, 2012 at 11:59pm PT. Enjoy.

Sunday, September 9, 2012 7:51 AM