CRM 4 On premise reinstallation Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

We have moved our CRM server over to another domain - and backed up CRM in SQL - we are now trying to re install the software - All the validation steps are completed successful, but the install fails.

The error we are getting is below:

Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.ProvisionBusinessAction failed.
    Method not found: 'Void Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.SecurityLibrary.DeletePrincipalFromGroup(System.Guid, System.Guid)'.

Enivroment:

Server 2008

SQL 2005 is on the same server and CRM

We have created an OU for CRM - this is where it creates Priv and sql groups (tried manually deleting these before running the install again)

Does anyone have any ideas? please le me know if you need any more information.

Kr,

Lake

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 5:03 PM

Answers

• Hi all

We have finally manage to resolve this with the help of microsoft tech support, please see below:

1. Remove SRSS Data Connector.

Run the setup again if it fails - unistall and run the registry fix, on the CRM server

Add the OLEDBTimeout and the ExtendedTimeout registry subkeys

1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit , and then click OK.
    2. Locate the following registry subkey:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSCRM
    3. Right-click MSCRM, point to New, and then click DWORD Value to create a new DWORD value.
    4. Rename the DWORD value to the following value:
    OLEDBTimeout
    5. Right-click the DWORD value, and then click Modify.
    6. In the Edit DWORD Value dialog box, type 86400 in the Value data box, click Decimal in the Base option, and then click OK.
    7. Right-click MSCRM, point to New, and then click DWORD Value to create a new DWORD value.
    8. Rename the DWORD value to the following value:
    ExtendedTimeout
    9. Right-click the DWORD value, and then click Modify.
    10. In the Edit DWORD Value dialog box, type 1 500 000 in the Value data box, and then click OK

• Marked as answer by lake22 Wednesday, January 30, 2013 1:17 PM
    Wednesday, January 30, 2013 1:17 PM

All replies

• I tried a simple Bing search on your error message and came up with this blog article which describes a resolution:

http://www.powerobjects.com/blog/2009/12/23/error-reinstalling-crm-4-0-action-microsoft-crm-setup-server-provisionbusiness-action-failed-method-not-found/

Neil Benson, CRM Addict and MVP at Slalom Consulting. Find me on Twitter. Join over 20,000 other CRM professionals on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM group on LinkedIn.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 5:53 PM
  • I managed to find the same article - but it didn't seem to work for me, I even tried creating a new OU.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 6:39 PM
  • Are you trying to reinstall to existing databases or did you do a new install and then import the Org.

If you are going to a new domain you would want to do a new install using a dummy org name and then import your previous organization.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 8:33 PM
  • Are you trying to reinstall to existing databases or did you do a new install and then import the Org.

If you are going to a new domain you would want to do a new install using a dummy org name and then import your previous organization.

Yes i am trying to do the later "If you are going to a new domain you would want to do a new install using a dummy org name and then import your previous organization."

When running the CRM 4 install i get to the end - pass all validation but once finished installing it fails with the above error?

Kr,

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 10:17 PM
  • Hi all

We have finally manage to resolve this with the help of microsoft tech support, please see below:

1. Remove SRSS Data Connector.

Run the setup again if it fails - unistall and run the registry fix, on the CRM server

Add the OLEDBTimeout and the ExtendedTimeout registry subkeys

1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit , and then click OK.
    2. Locate the following registry subkey:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSCRM
    3. Right-click MSCRM, point to New, and then click DWORD Value to create a new DWORD value.
    4. Rename the DWORD value to the following value:
    OLEDBTimeout
    5. Right-click the DWORD value, and then click Modify.
    6. In the Edit DWORD Value dialog box, type 86400 in the Value data box, click Decimal in the Base option, and then click OK.
    7. Right-click MSCRM, point to New, and then click DWORD Value to create a new DWORD value.
    8. Rename the DWORD value to the following value:
    ExtendedTimeout
    9. Right-click the DWORD value, and then click Modify.
    10. In the Edit DWORD Value dialog box, type 1 500 000 in the Value data box, and then click OK

• Marked as answer by lake22 Wednesday, January 30, 2013 1:17 PM
    Wednesday, January 30, 2013 1:17 PM